1 answer below »
A Pharma company has recently recruited 4 scientists at an average age of 27 and is looking to develop quite a few pharmacological formulations. With a view to retain them the company proposes to offer a housing scheme to them on the following terms and conditions:
1. The number of beneficiaries will be four in number
2. The total cost of purchasing apartments will be Rs.1 crore
3. PNBHFL offers an 18 year term @ 9.00% interest and HDFC offers 15 years term @ 8% interest.
4. The company will pay the housing finance company on an installment basis.
5. A Down payment of 5% of the cost of the apartment has to be made and recoverable from the employee in 24 installments. The upfront payment will be made by the company.
6. In case of availing the loan from HDFC, 50% of the installment will be recovered from the employee on a monthly basis and in case of availing the loan from PNBHFL 45% will be recovered from the employee. The option of choosing the service rests with the company only.
7. Assume that employee deductions happen on the first day of the month and housing loan payments made by the company happens on the last day of the year.
8. The housing loan is offered on a fixed interest basis and EMI will not change.
9. Assume the individual apartments are of equal value.
You are called upon to do the following:
1. Calculate the two EMI options and choose the best one.
Assignment status: Already Solved By Our Experts
(USA, AUS, UK & CA PhD. Writers)